Failed to deploy wsp

Nov 11, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Hi, and thanks for what looks like a great tool!

I'm new to SP development, and I've used my first day searching for good tools. This tool looks very promising! But I'cant get it to work :-( 

When I select build and deploy option everything works fine on an empty project. But as soon as I add a feature i get the following error:

Solution 'HelloSpDev.wsp' failed to deploy on server localhost. Failed to deploy solution 'HelloSpDev.wsp'. Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).

System.Exception    at SPVisualDev.VSAddin.Connect.DeployWSP(IMainService mainService, String WSP_FilePath, Boolean GAC, String[] WebApplicationURLs)
   at SPVisualDev.VSAddin.Connect.ExecuteWSPBuildAndDeploy(Boolean deploy)
   at SPVisualDev.VSAddin.Connect.Exec(String commandName, vsCommandExecOption executeOption, Object& varIn, Object& varOut, Boolean& handled)

System.Exception    at SPVisualDev.VSAddin.Connect.DeployWSP(IMainService mainService, String WSP_FilePath, Boolean GAC, String[] WebApplicationURLs)

at SPVisualDev.VSAddin.Connect.ExecuteWSPBuildAndDeploy(Boolean deploy)

at SPVisualDev.VSAddin.Connect.Exec(String commandName, vsCommandExecOption executeOption, Object& varIn, Object& varOut, Boolean& handled)

Any idea on what I've missed?

Regards

Larsi

Coordinator
Nov 12, 2009 at 7:04 AM

Hello,

If you right click the project node in the solution explorer in VS and select SPVIsualDev --> Artifact config and then go to the WSP tab, there you will find the solution ID textbox. Check that it has a valid GUID, otherwise generate a new one.

Regads,
Tony