Adding dll in GAC Folder to WSP

Jun 29, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Hi,

I created a folder "GAC" in my solution and added a dll but this folder is not added to the WSP.

Isn't SPVisualDev using wspbuilder? I changed the WSPBuilder.exe.config form the WSPBuilderExtensions

I added the entry <add key="IncludeAssemblies" value="true" /> but this changes nothing?

Is there a way to do this?

I also tried to change the WSPName by changing the WSPName tag in the WSPBuilder-exe.config but this is not working

Regards,

Dramirak

Jul 22, 2010 at 3:42 PM

... Maybe I'm a bit late on this...

SpvisualDev don't use the same procedure of WspBuilder to add a dll in the output WSP package.

As a quick reference you should:

• In the artifact project add a reference to the dll you want to include (Tore can correct me if'm wrong but spvisualdev only allow for inclusion of referenced assembly)
  • Open the artifac configuration window and click the button "included assembies" on the main page.
  • Select the assemblies you want to include from the following window.

NOTE:
In the "Referenced assemblies" window you can chose which assemblies to include when compiling the project and when building the wsp. In the first case the chosen assemblies will be automatically moved to GAC when you compile the project - consider this option when you are debugging and you don't need to install the whole solution as yet.

Feel free to ask if you need some more info.